This is so easy to make and Feingold friendly. I normally make up a huge vat of this and then freeze the leftovers. So add ingredients accordingly. I also add some sour cream or heavy cream and turn this into a tomato soup base. It's then easy to throw in tortellini or pasta for texture.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and dump them into a roasting pan or a baking sheet with sides.
- Chop up half an onion and a few cloves of garlic per pan, or more if you like, and dump that in too.
- Coarsely chop some fresh basil and add that.
- Stir this all together and spread it out evenly; crowded is fine but no more than a single layer.
- Drizzle on some olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes collapse and the skins look browned and wrinkly. Let the pan cool and then scrape everything into a blender or food processor and puree. Use or freeze.
This sauce is amazing. I used maybe a bit more of 1/4 cup of fresh basil. And I used only 4 garlic cloves. I baked it 30 minutes. I pureed it in the food processor. Great taste. It will be great with pasta. Thanks Feingold Mom :) Made for Alphabet tag game