Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy salsa.
- 15 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice (or more)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Set a small skillet over medium heat. Dry roast the chiles and garlic until soft and black in spots. This will take about 10 minutes for the jalapenos and 15 minutes for the garlic. While these are roasting rinse the onion in a colander with cold water and drain. Pour the drained onion in a medium bowl.
- Remove the skins from the garlic and pull stems off the chiles. Pulse in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the tomatoes with their juices and pulse a few more times, making sure th mixture stays coarse.
- Pour the mixture in with the onion. Add the cilantro and 1 tsp lime juice and stir. Taste and season with salt and additional lime juice if needed.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Very nice and easy salsa. I did add one chipole in adobo pepper to bump up the smoky flavor. Made and enjoyed for Football Pool, week 10, 2009.