Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Put vegetables on a sheet pan in a 500-degree oven, or on a charcoal or gas grill over medium heat.
- Cook until nicely charred and blistered.
- (They will char more on the grill. They will take about 30 minutes in the oven, less on the grill.) Core, but dont peel the tomatoes.
- Peel, stem and seed the peppers.
- Remove the skin from the onion and peel the garlic.
- Put the onion and garlic in a food processor, or puree, but not too smooth.
- Add tomatoes and peppers and pulse until you achieve the texture you desire.
- Pour into a bowl, add cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Let sit an hour for flavors to meld and temperature to cool.