Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great salsa that can be "fired" up if that's your thing. Serve on BBQ steak or chicken or as a dip.
- 370 g roma tomatoes
- 200 g shallots
- 4 birds eye chiles
- 1 red capsicum, seed removed
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5 g fresh coriander
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- black pepper
- Heat oven to 180.
- Roughly chop tomatoes, shallots, capsicum, garlic and chilies (remove seeds for less heat).
- Place in a lined baking tray and lightly brush with oil.
- Bake in oven until tomatoes and capsicum start to blacken.
- Meanwhile lightly toast cumin seed in a pan until aroma is noticeable. Remove from heat and grind.
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend to combine but not to puree.
Wow - this is great salsa! I liked cooked salsa and roasting the veggies for this gave them such a great flavor. I subbed a yellow onion for the shallots. The sweet red bell pepper in this was a nice balance to the spicy peppers. Loved it - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012