A great salsa that can be "fired" up if that's your thing. Serve on BBQ steak or chicken or as a dip.
- Heat oven to 180.
- Roughly chop tomatoes, shallots, capsicum, garlic and chilies (remove seeds for less heat).
- Place in a lined baking tray and lightly brush with oil.
- Bake in oven until tomatoes and capsicum start to blacken.
- Meanwhile lightly toast cumin seed in a pan until aroma is noticeable. Remove from heat and grind.
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend to combine but not to puree.