Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ever have a garden that had so many Roma Tomatoes and Jalapenos growing in it you didn't know what to do with them? That was the case for me until recently. I also had cilantro coming out my ears. So the logical thing to do was to make a salsa out of them! Here's what I came up with:
- 4 large roma tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapenos (for less fire, remove seeds)
- 1 medium white Spanish onion
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, washed and roughly chopped
- Place tomatoes, garlic, onion, and jalapenos on a baking sheet and cook at 400 degrees F. for about 20 to 30 minutes or until all ingredients are roasted and browned. Allow time to cool.
- Place roasted ingredients into a blender with all the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Season with salt.