- 1 large tomatoes, ripe
- 1 -2 tablespoon pesto sauce (I use ready made from the supermarket)
- mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut very thin slice from bottom of tomato so it will sit upright. Cut off approximately the top fifth of the tomato. Using a spoon scoop out pulp, juice and seeds creating a container.
- Spread pesto inside tomato cavity.
- Fill tomato with mozzarella, approximately 1/3 cup.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake in shallow dish sprayed with Pam for 25-35 minutes.