Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is delectable. I expected to like it--but I wound *loving* it. I had an extra helping of it for my evening snack! The preparation time is high because scooping all the seed-stuff out of the tomatoes takes me a long time (but [a] I think I'm slower than average at it, and [b] it is worth the effort!). Got this recipe (& modified it just slightly) from Sam Zien's cookbook, "Just A Bunch of Recipes."
- 907.18 g small cherry tomatoes
- 2 fat garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 198.44 g mixed greens
- 226.79 g goat cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, scoop out & discard the seeds.
- Put the tomato shells in a bowl. Add the garlic & 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Mix gently (you don’t want to mash your tomatoes) until the tomatoes & garlic are covered with the oil.
- Put the tomato-garlic mixture on a baking sheet & spread it out into a single layer. Bake until the tomatoes are very tender & starting to brown (~25-30 minutes).
- When the tomatoes are almost finished cooking, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil & the balsamic vinegar with the greens in a large bowl. Top with the crumbled goat cheese, and then with the roasted tomatoes. Let the tomatoes sit on the cheese for a couple of minutes so the cheese starts to soften & melt. Then mix it all up & serve. (Add salt & pepper to taste.).
Yummy salad with the roasted grape tomatoes.. I always enjoy goat cheese too. Thanks!