1 hr 15 mins
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
This recipe combines all our favourite flavours - roasted tomatoes and onions baked in a crisp homemade base. It is delicious. The vegetables can be roasted one day ahead and stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- 2Cut each tomato into 4 wedges. Cut onions into wedges.
- 3Place tomatoes and onions onto baking tray lined with baking paper in a single layer.
- 4Splash with oil and vinegar and season.
- 5Cook for 25 minutes.
- 6Sift flour into large bowl. Rub in butter using fingertips until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- 7Make a well in the centre, pour water into the flour and using hands stir water into flour to form a firm dough.
- 8Place dough onto lightly floured surface and knead.
- 9Wrap in plastic wrap and put in fridge for 10 minutes.
- 10Place extra butter in a small bowl add lemon rind and anchovy fillet and beat to combine.
- 11Line oven tray with baking paper.
- 12Roll pastry out into large circle. Place on prepared tray.
- 13Fill centre with cooled vegetable mixture. Bring edges of pastry up to form sides and almost cover mixture. Bake 30 minutes.
- 14Serve with lemon/anchovy butter on top - melting through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomato Free Form Pie
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.3
- Calories from Fat 519
- Total Fat 57.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 114.8 mg
- Sodium 317.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: