Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can be used as a dip for veggies and pitas or as a sandwich spread.
- 6 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, whole and unpeeled
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- garnish with chopped chives, scallions or parsley
- Place tomatoes and whole, skin-on garlic cloves on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil and toss to coat. Roast in a preheated 450 F oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Remove paper skin from garlic cloves. Place tomatoes, peeled garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, and salt and pepper into the work bowl of a food processor fitted with metal chopping blade. Process until smooth. Garnish and serve at room temperature. Can be made up to 2 days in advance. Refrigerate leftovers.