1/2 Photos of Roasted Tomato Bisque from the Sandwich King
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe has a twin! French Onion Grilled Cheese- it should be a law that both of these are served together. This is far and away the best tomato soup you will have. I love tomato soup and I've experimented with many recipes, but this one simply takes the cake. Simple ingredients make a great, complex tasting, yet still 100% comforting soup. It is wonderful!! I must say to serve it with the French Onion Grilled Cheese sandwich. Two doses of comfort food that are a perfect pair! I also want to say that I normally shy away from cooking sherry- it really makes this dish so go ahead and use it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 shallots, quartered
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 -2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine the DRAINED tomatoes, olive oil, light brown suger, carrots and shallots. Toss to coat.
- 3Place vegetables on a silpat (or parchment lined cookie sheet) and roast for 30 minutes, until carmalized.
- 4Heat a soup pot over medium heat.
- 5Add butter and cook until foaming.
- 6Add crushed red pepper and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- 7Add tomato paste and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 8Add sherry and cook until all the liquid evaporates (1 or 2 minutes).
- 9Add roasted vegetables, crushed tomatoes and 1 cup chicken stock.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 12Add heavy cream.
- 13Using in immersion blender (or standard blender, working in batches) puree the soup until uniform in texture.
- 14If you want to adjust the consistency, add chicken stock to desired level.
- 15Serve (along side the French Onion Grilled Sandwiches)!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomato Bisque from the Sandwich King
Serving Size: 1 (803 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.7
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 452.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 10.0 g