Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Ina Garten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss together the tomatoes, 1/4 c olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the tomatoes in 1 layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.
- In an 8 quart stockpot over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic with 2 T olive oil, the butter, and red pepper flakes for 10 minute Add the canned tomatoes, basil, thyme, and chicken stock.
- Add the oven roasted tomatoes, including the liquid on the baking sheet.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 40 minute Pass through a food mill fitted with the coarsest blade.
- Taste for seasonings.
- Serve hot or cold.