Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From: Campbell's Kitchen Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Serves: 8
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 large onions, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked barley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F Drain tomatoes, reserving juice.
- Toss tomatoes, onions and garlic with olive oil in roasting pan.
- ROAST for 25 minute.
- ADD tomato mixture to large saucepan.
- Add reserved tomato juice, broth, celery and barley; heat to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat 35 minute or until barley is tender.
- Stir in parsley.