Vino Girl's Note:
The roasting is an extra step that makes a world of difference in this recipe. I didn't use as much oil in this as the recipe states - using cooking spray on the roasting pan and on the vegetables worked very well to replace much of it. From Everyday Food Magazine March/April 2003
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs plum tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb long fusilli or 1 lb linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1Heat oven to 450°.
- 2On rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic with 5 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 3Spread into single layer; roast until zucchini is lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- 5Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- 6Return pasta to pot. Toss with remaining tablespoon oil; cover.
- 7Pour reserved pasta water onto baking sheet of cooked vegetables; scrape with a wooden spoon to loosen browned bits.
- 8Stir vegetables and juices into pasta.
- 9Add parsley and Parmesan; toss to combine.
- 10Serve with more Parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomato and Zucchini Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 94.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 14.9 g