1/1 Photo of Roasted Tomato and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
Super delicious, I was at the gym and really wanted tomatoes and cheese, so I roasted my own tomatoes and threw this together! It is even better if the bread you are using is homemade bread, I like it with the white bread recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice tomato fairly thin, between a quarter and half an inch. Place on parchment and sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle salt, pepper, oregano and basil and place under maxi broil in middle of the oven (same position that you would use to bake anything else).
- 2After about 5 minutes, flip tomato slices, drizzle more olive oil and sprinkle more pepper, oregano and basil. Bake about 5 more minutes.
- 3Toast the bread, spread on mayo, and put 2 or 3 slices of tomato on one slice and swiss cheese on top of tomato. Grind a little more pepper and place under broiler to melt cheese.
- 4Place other slice of bread on top and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomato and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 419.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 12.5 g