Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from "Cooking with Paula Deen" magazine.
- 2 (12 ounce) packages cherry tomatoes
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 6 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta, cooked and kept warm
- garnish with chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 500. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminun foil.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, shrimp, shallot, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper; toss gently to coat. Place tomato mixture in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Toss cooked pasta with remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Serve tomato mixture on top of pasta. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
served it for a group of 53 while at the beach...and everyone loved it...very easy prep...if you do not have shallots, you may substitute green onions (3 green onions = one shallot)....either the group was starving or it only really makes 6 servings!!