- 1 lb ripe tomatoes
- 4 -5 serrano chilies
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic (in their skins)
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the tomatoes on a griddle until they blacken on all sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Toast the garlic cloves until they soften.
- Meanwhile, toast the chiles until they brown on the sides.
- Place the garlic, chiles and a few tomatoes into a blender; blend until smooth, then add the rest of the tomatoes.
- Turn on the blender very briefly, leaving tomatoes with a rough texture.
- Remove the salsa from the blender, add the cilantro, and season with salt.