1/1 Photo of Roasted Tomato and Pasta Soup
Roasting intensifies the flavor of the vegetables and adds a wonderful smoky taste. The roasting can be done a day in advance and the soup can be frozen with out the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g ripe Italian plum tomato, halved lengthwise
- 1 large red pepper, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large red onion, quartered lengthwise
- 3 clove garlic, unpeeled
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1301.24 ml vegetable stock
- 4-5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 0.25 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml tubetti
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Spread vegetables in a roasting pan and drizzle with oil.
- 3Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetable are soft and lightly charred, strring and turning them after 15 minutes.
- 4Process the vegetables with 1 cup of stock until pureed.
- 5Pour into a sieve placed over a large saucepan and press the puree through into the pan.
- 6Add stock, sage, sugar, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- 7Add pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente.
- 8Ladle into serving bowls and drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomato and Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves