Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fleishig Soup. Outstanding.
Make and share this Roasted Tomato and Pasta Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ripe Italian plum tomato, halved lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large red onion, quartered lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb beef flank steak, cubed
- 5 cups vegetable stock or 5 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup small shell pasta, shapes e.g. tubetti
- ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread out the tomatos, red pepper, onion and garlic in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are soft and charred, stirring and turning them after 15 minutes.
- Brown the flanken in the remain oil.
- Turn the vegetables into a food processor.
- Add 1 cup of stock or water.
- Process until pureed.
- Scape into a sieve or food mill placed over a large saucepan and press the puree through.
- Add the remaining stock or water, the flanken, the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Add the pasta and simmer, stirring frequently.