Fleishig Soup. Outstanding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ripe Italian plum tomato, halved lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 1 large red onion, quartered lengthwise
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb beef flank steak, cubed
- 5 cups vegetable stock or 5 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup small shell pasta, shapes e.g. tubetti
- ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spread out the tomatos, red pepper, onion and garlic in a roasting pan.
- 3Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- 4Roast for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are soft and charred, stirring and turning them after 15 minutes.
- 5Brown the flanken in the remain oil.
- 6Turn the vegetables into a food processor.
- 7Add 1 cup of stock or water.
- 8Process until pureed.
- 9Scape into a sieve or food mill placed over a large saucepan and press the puree through.
- 10Add the remaining stock or water, the flanken, the sugar, salt and pepper.
- 11Bring to a boil, stirring.
- 12Add the pasta and simmer, stirring frequently.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomato and Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 70.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: