Roasted Tomato and Mint Salsa
- With a comal or black iron skillet over medium-high heat, cook the tomatoes until blackened all over.
- While still warm, pulse tomatoes with the garlic in a food processor until roughly chopped.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add lime juice, olive oil, peppers, cilantro, spearmint, lime zest, orange zest, and salt.
- Mix together and let stand at least 30 minutes before using.
- Mark Miller writes: "Ripe red tomatoes roasted on a hot steel comal until the skins blacken are a basic element of many Mexican salsas. The smoky flavor adds a complexity to the taste of ripe tomatoes.".