Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe online - it's from Betty Crocker. It was so easy and yummy. You can use just about any type of pasta you like!
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 -10 roma tomatoes, cut in 1/2
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 bulb of garlic, unpeeled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rigatoni pasta
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 300°F
- Place foil on a cookie sheet. Generously brush with 2 tbsp olive oil. Arrange tomato halves, cut sides up, in a single layer on foil; brush with 4 teaspoons olive oil. Sprinkle with the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cut 1/2 inch off top of garlic bulb; drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil. Wrap in foil; place on cooking sheet with the tomatoes.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until garlic is soft when pierce with a knife and tomatoes have begun to shrivel; cool slightly.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Squeeze garlic into remaining olive oil and mash until smooth: toss with pasta. Add pasta halves and basil; toss. Top with cheese. Serve immediately.
This recipe is delicious and easy. I used cherry tomatoes, cut in half. This is sure to become a part of our family menu. Thanks!