Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Everyday with Rachael Ray.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 cups fire-roasted tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Move the onion to the side of the pan, add the ground turkey, curry powder, coriander and cumin and cook over medium-high heat until the tukey is browned and cooked through; about 6 minutes.
- Add the roasted tomatoes, chickpeas, chicken broth and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the yogurt, cooking until just heated through.