Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 325F degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in large ovenproof skillet.
- Bake until tomatoes and garlic are very soft, 1 hour.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Coarsley chop tomatoes and garlic mixture.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with tostitos or foccacia.
This is delicious! After it is done, add some reduced balsalmic vinegar. You will love this with the vinegar! Thanks for sharing
This was very easy to make...it wasn't quite as zippy as I would have liked, so the next time I make it I will add cheddar cheese and/or monteray jack to give it a little zing. It's beautiful looking (light and puffy) when first out of the oven, but then 15 minutes later it flattens out to look more like a flat bread.