Recipe by Ceezie
Another great recipe from Sunset Mag - The roasting step can also be done on a grill.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
I only discovered that I love avocados fairly recently. I was always afraid to try them in the past. Now I can't get enough! This recipe really is fantastic. I loved the tomatillo and avocado together. It's so easy and tasty. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks for posting!
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno, stems removed, and chiles halved and seeded
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tomatillo, papery skin removed
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (plus (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup loosely packed cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (plus (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, unoiled frying pan over medium heat, pan-roast the Jalapeños, onion, garlic, and tomatillo on all sides, 20 to 25 minutes total.
- In a blender, whirl the vegetables with water until blended but still chunky.
- Add avocado and lime juice; pulse until blended.
- Add cilantro and salt, pulse to combine, and add more salt and/or lime juice to taste.