Recipe by kusum gupta
You can alter the seasonings to your taste. I sometimes put everything with some onions and garlic in an oven-proof dish and bake.
Top Review by Somogirl
I just want to tell people that like to bake their tofu to try using parchment paper.You dont have to worry about greasing a pan or sticking & the tofu comes out very nicely browned.It really makes a difference!
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch squares,about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped green coriander
- 3 tablespoons grated coconut
- 1 chopped green chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all the seasonings and yogurt together to make a paste.
- Put the tofu pieces on aluminum foil in a baking dish.
- Spread the paste on the pieces.
- Wrap the foil around loosely and bake at 400°F for 15 minutes until cooked.
- Open the foil and broil for 5 to 10 minutes for brownish look.
- Serve hot.