Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Butternut, acorn and spaghetti squashes roasted and pureed with vegetable broth. Delicious!!!
- 1⁄2 lb butternut squash (halved and seeded)
- 1 acorn squash (halved and seeded)
- 1⁄2 spaghetti squash (halved and seeded)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot (minced fresh)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 apples (tart green, peeled cored and chopped)
- 2⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place the squash, cut side down, on baking sheets and roast for 45 minutes, or until flesh is soft. Scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the onion, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook 1 minute. Add the apples and sherry and simmer for 10 minutes, or until apples soften.
- Puree batches of the squash flesh and broth in a food processor or blender. Transfer the squash puree to a large saucepan. Puree the apple/sherry mixture and stir into pureed squash.
- Heat over medium heat and season with salt, pepper and cayenne, to taste.