I adore crab! I watched Tyler Florence make this and knew right away - I HAD to save this recipe for a special dinner coming up. I can't wait to try and I hope you will try it soon too!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the surf
- 1 pint lump crabmeat, picked over for bits of shell and cartilage
- 1/2-3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (recommended ( sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juice of
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the turf
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 center-cut beef tenderloin steaks, each about 2 inches thick (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 pint vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, washed and dried
- 1For the surf:.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir the crabmeat together with the mayonnaise, chili paste, cilantro, and lime juice, and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in the refrigerator.
- 3For the turf: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 4Put a cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat and get it hot. Drizzle in a 2-count of oil. If you choose to tie the fillets, take a piece of butchers twine and wrap it around each fillet twice to form a nice round shape. This will help the meat retain its shape while cooking. Sprinkle the beef all over with salt and pepper and sear for about 3 minutes on each side, until well browned. Shove the beef to the side and add the tomatoes to the pan; drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir gently to coat. Now put the pan in the oven and roast until the beef is rare and the tomatoes burst, 7 to 8 minutes. (Add 2 more minutes for medium rare, 5 more minutes for medium.).
- 5For service: Wash the arugula and toss it in a bowl with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with a few turns of freshly ground black pepper.
- 6To serve, arrange the steaks on a serving plate. Spoon the crab salad over the meat and scatter the tomatoes on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve with a small tangle of dressed arugula and a glass of rose wine.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tenderloin of Beef With Spicy Crab Salad
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 216.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: