Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 small red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- Cut small slits in the tenderloin; place a garlic slice in each slit. Combine thyme and 1 teaspoon pepper; rub over beef. In a skillet, brown beef in oil. Remove to a roasting pan; cover and keep warm.
- Toss potatoes with remaining pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove to the roasting pan.
- Gradually add broth to skillet; bring to a boil. Stir to loosen browned bits. Pour over meat and potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 25-40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees F medium, 160 degrees F well-done, 170 degrees F).