Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For extra heat add in a very small pinch cayenne pepper, the recipe may be doubled is desired --- the seeds must be from a fresh cut pumpkin :)
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (washed and dried, from a freshly cut pumpkin)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the seeds a stir until lightly browned (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove the seeds and place in a bowl.
- Mix the taco seasoning mix with garlic salt; sprinkle over the seeds and toss to coat.
- Spread the coated seeds in an ungreased baking sheet (a 15 x 10-inch pan works fine for this).
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.