Recipe by Viki Anderson
A warm and hearty twist, this omelet comes to the plate with a robust red color and a delightful fire roasted flavor. Try different toppings, but I have listed my favorites.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons red sweet bell peppers, pureed (fire roasted peppers pureed in food processor)
- salt, dash
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 slices bacon, precooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, sliced and sauteed
Directions See How It's Made
- Scramble together: Eggs, Roasted Sweet Red Bell Pepper Puree., Salt, Cracked Black Pepper.
- Pour into heated skillet (omelet pan) that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook until one side is done and turn to finish.
- Top with: Shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled precooked bacon, sauteed sweet onion.
- Fold over and remove to plate.
- Garnish with parsley and a thin slice of sweet red bell pepper.