Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am already looking forward to the holidays and this dish really gets me in the mood for turkey and all the wonderful trimmings. Of course, these sweet potatoes would be good any time of the year. Recipe is from Cuisine at Home.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss sweet potatoes and pineapple with oil and salt. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and roast 15 minutes. Add pecans and roast 10 more minutes; then transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk maple syrup, marmalade, lemon juice, mustard and salt to taste together in a small bowl. Pour over sweet potato mixture and gently toss to combine.
Great side dish to dinner tonight. Wonderful flavors. I did omit the mustard though.. The pineapples I did buy by the can so they were already cut up into chunks. The pecans were a nice touch :)