Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Sweet potatoes get a modern, sleek, delicious update in this dish that's sure to become a favorite at your table. The simple flavors of sweet potatoes, toasty nuts and sharp vinegar go together great. Hope you enjoy :)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spread macadamia nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, cool and chop coarsely.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- Oil a baking dish. Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into wedges and toss them in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place potatoes in the baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- When potatoes are done, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Whisk together the remaining oil with the vinegar, maple syrup and mustard.
- Drizzle over the sweet potatoes and garnish with toasted macadamia nuts.
I used a very large sweet potatoe (about 700grams) which was plenty for 3 of us and I did use sugar free maple syrup for diabetic reasons but otherwise followed through but I personally found it too sweet but then I don't particularly like sweet but the DS and DM really loved it. Mine were cooked in 40 minutes but maybe they were a little smaller than intended. Thank you Queen of Cuisine, made for Diabetic forum December 2010.
Awesome potatoes Queenie, just awesome. What can I say, I loved this tasty treat, the flavor and texture of this potatoe dish was excellant, sweet, tart and tangy with a lovely burst of flavor from the roasted macadamia nuts. All the flavors were perfectly balanced. I also loved the addition of the balsamic vinegar, I used the fig option, it worked perfectly in this dish. Thanks so much for sharing.
Very nice sweet potato dish. I omitted the salt and mustard (personal preference). It made a lovely side dish. Thanks for sharing!