Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Cuisine at Home February 2008
- 3 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl until coated.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until fork tender, 25 minute.
- Whisk honey, lime juice, and cinnamon together in a small bowl while potatoes roast.
- Once potatoes are tender, coat with glaze and roast 5 minutes more.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Quick, easy and very good!!
Excellent! I made this as instructed with the exception of spraying cubed potatoes with cooking spray instead of oil & baking @ 450. I have also made this with a bit of ground cumin added to the glaze, so tasty! Thanks for sharing!
This was made using a combination of purple and orange sweet potatoes. While the recipe says to toss with oil it doesn't specify how much or what kind. I did drizzle them with olive oil, roasted and then drizzled again with a little oil about 1/2 way through the cooking process. I used the juice of 1 lime and maybe a little over 1/2 the honey called for. The flavor is wonderful with a little kick from the cayenne. I would not hesitate to try this recipe again.