1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I found this in the WS catalog years ago and have yet to try it. Sounds great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 3Spread potatoes out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- 4Roast, stirring occasionally and rotating the pan after about 25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and golden around the edges, 45-50 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large frying pan over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp then drain all but 2 TBS of the fat out of the pan.
- 6Transfer the bacon to a plate and blot with paper towels.
- 7In the remaining bacon grease add chestnuts and saute, stirring, until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- 8Return bacon to the pan along with the roasted sweet potatoes and green onions. Stir to mix, adjust seasonings and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Cognac Chestnuts
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.9
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 598.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: