Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I found this in the WS catalog years ago and have yet to try it. Sounds great.
Make and share this Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Cognac Chestnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread potatoes out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast, stirring occasionally and rotating the pan after about 25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and golden around the edges, 45-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp then drain all but 2 TBS of the fat out of the pan.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate and blot with paper towels.
- In the remaining bacon grease add chestnuts and saute, stirring, until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- Return bacon to the pan along with the roasted sweet potatoes and green onions. Stir to mix, adjust seasonings and serve immediately.