Recipe by babygirl65
I got this recipe from McCormicks spices. I will be making this for Thanksgiving this year. If you try it, let me know what you think or if and how it needs to be tweaked!
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided*
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Mix 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes and cranberries, toss to coat well.
- Spoon into a 13 x 9 baking dish. Dot with 2 tbsp of butter. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in remaining 2 tbsp of butter with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Stir in pecans.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and stir gently. Sprinkle with pecan topping.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes longer or until sweet potatoes are tender and topping is lightly browned.
- *The original recipe says to use Saigon cinnamon.