Recipe by Annacia
Change your typical mashed sweet potatoes with this colorful, easy side dish. Saigon cinnamon is the best choice for this dish but, of course, any cinnamon will work well.
Top Review by icanhavefun
This is a delicious recipe for sweet potatoes. I made them for Thanksgiving. Everyone raved about them, and I'll be making them again for Christmas! Thanks for a great recipe.
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 29.58 ml orange juice
- 9.85 ml pure vanilla extract
- 7.39 ml cinnamon, divided
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1360.77 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries
- 59.16 ml butter, divided
- 59.14 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Mix 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes and cranberries; toss to coat well.
- Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl.
- Cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter with a fork until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir in pecans.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and stir gently.
- Sprinkle with pecan topping.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes longer or until sweet potatoes are tender and topping is lightly browned.