Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This Paula Deen recipe for roasting sweet potatoes is a little different because it adds a little sweet and a little spice together. The presentation of these roasted potatoes and the taste are both wonderful.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 236.59 ml olive oil
- 22.18 ml salt
- 14.79 ml ground black pepper
- 9.85 ml ground nutmeg
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash potatoes and slice lengthwise into 1/4-inch wedges. (I peeled my sweet potatoes because I don't like having to deal with the skins when eating. They roasted just fine without the skin.).
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, and red pepper. Add potatoes, tossing gently to coat.
- Place potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender on the inside and golden on the outside.
Was having out-of-town friends stop for lunch on their way up the coast. Knew I wanted to roast sweet potatoes, but but forgot how high/how long ! Found about 30 recipes here -- ALL a tad different ! Followed directions here, except for cinnamon and nutmeg, and added 1/2 TBS of dried rosemary. Halved to recipe for 3 potatoes -- 1/2 cup olive oil. I placed the potatoes on a rimmed sheet and poured the oil mixture over -- likely my mistake. At 425*, the 1/4 inch slices were soft and the oil bubbling away, and obviously NEVER going to crisp, so took the slices out and let them bake at 400* for about 5 min., then put them in the warming drawer for about 20 min. VERY tasty -- but next time I will drain first. Thanks for posting, Carol. Happy Holidays !
These were OK, but they smelled a lot better than they they actually tasted. My kitchen smelled as if I had a sweet potato pie in the oven, even the kids were asking me what smelled so good. But we were a bit disappointed with the end result.
A tasty treat to go along with our cheeseburgers at lunch. I made as directed, but cut back a little on the cayenne as I was worried about the heat - I wish I had thrown it all in there, though! Made for the Groovy GastroGnomes, Family Picks, ZWT5.