Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Bon Appetit, November 2010.
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion tops, divided (dark green parts)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3 lbs medium red-skinned sweet potatoes, scrubbed, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch-wide wedges with skin (yams)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Whisk sour cream, 1 tablespoon green onion tops, chipotle hot sauce, and lime juice in small bowl. Cover and chill. (DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 425°F Combine sweet potato wedges, oil, and cumin in large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange potato wedges, cut side down, on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Roast until tender and browned in spots, about 20 minutes, reversing pans halfway through roasting. (DO AHEAD Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm in 425°F oven until heated through, about 5 minutes.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place potato wedges on large platter. Drizzle smoked chile cream over. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons green onion tops and serve.