Recipe by Karyl Lee
A wonderful way to get beta carotene and not be stuck in the super sweet mode with sweet potatoes.
Top Review by Dan C.
I found this to be a very good take off on sweet potatos. The use of olive oil was a good addition to this recipe that really made the difference. The sweet peppers were also a plus. For something different. Go this one!!!
- 4 large sweet potatoes (about 3 lb.)
- 1 red bell pepper (about 8 oz.)
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese, of choice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes, unless organic.
- If organic, simply wash well and cut.
- Cut the pepper and the red onion into a medium dice.
- In a 11x14-inch roasting pan, put the potatoes, and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the basil and sea salt and garlic powder.
- Toss them in the pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350F until beginning to soften.
- Add the bell pepper and onion; stir again.
- Cook until onion caramelizes and potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese if desired and turn oven up to 400°F.
- Cook until cheese browns.
- Serve as a side or main dish.