Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet and Earthy.
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces salmon, cooked and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups watercress, cleaned and chopped
- Place diced sweet potatoes on your baking stone in a pre-heated 400°F oven and let roast until tender (depending on size--15 minutes is about right).
- Cool Slightly.
- Combine salmon, celery and pecans with the cooled sweet potatoes.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, garlic, vinegar, cumin and salt. Pour this dressing over the chicken and potato mixture and chill.
- When ready to serve, stir in the fresh watercress and chopped parsley.