Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is originally from Sara Moulton, with a few changes for personal taste preference. We had this today with our Easter dinner and it was the hit of the day!
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup raw green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped scallion (green and white)
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the 3 Tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin and ginger. Tip into a lightly greased roasting pan and spread into one layer. Bake until the potatoes are fork-tender and golden brown, about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pumpkin seeds to a cold skillet and cook over low heat, stirring, until toasted. Transfer the seeds to a small bowl, toss with 1 tsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dressing: Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients (except for the olive oil) in a small saucepan and heating on low until just lightly bubbling. Remove from heat and whisk in the olive oil.
- Assemble salad by gently tossing the roasted potatoes with the cranberries and scallions. Add about half the dressing, or enough to coat and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve with extra dressing on the side.