Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Cooking Light Magazine - October 2011. Be sure to let the cranberries cook long enough that they start to pop; the juice helps to thicken the dressing.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries or 3⁄4 cup frozen cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place sweet potatoes on a large jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until tender, turning after 15 minutes.
- Place remaining 1 tablespoon oil, cranberries, water, and honey in a saucepan. Remove 1 or 2 chiles from can; finely chop to equal 1 tablespoon. Add chopped chipotle and 1 teaspoon adobo sauce to pan (reserve remaining chiles and sauce for another use). Place pan over medium-low heat; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Mash with a potato masher or fork until chunky.
- Place pepitas in a medium skillet; cook over medium heat 4 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan frequently.
- Combine potatoes, pepitas, onions, and cilantro in a bowl. Add cranberry mixture to bowl; toss gently to coat.