Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Southern Living. I haven't made this yet but it sounds so good I am posting it here for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- quarter onions, then cut each quarter in half.
- toss onions, potatoes, olive oil and garlic together.
- spread out on a large baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- bake at 400 for 45 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
- serve over spinach with the bacon dressing.
- for dressing:.
- cook bacon , remove from pan reserving 1 tbs of drippings.
- add the rest of the ingredients to the drippings and cook until heated.
- crumble bacon and stir it in.
This is absolutely delicious! We eat quite a few meatless - or low meat, such as this one, meals. This worked perfectly as a light supper. I thought the flavors were perfect. My daughter thought it was a little vinegary. I will be making this again soon!
If you haven't tried it, you should =) I love sweet potatoes but don't always know what to do with them. This is great! I love the combination from the bacon, honey, and vinegar. Great as is!
Wow impressive! Quite honestly I was a little afraid to make this recipe. I have never had a warm salad dressing on my salads. But as I am one to always willing to try new things I gave this a go. And Am I ever glad I did. This was amazing. I loved the sweetness from the honey and yet tangy from the red wine vinegar. I also like how the warm salad dressing wilted the spinach to a soft crunch. Delicious and I will for sure make this again. Thank you very much for posting newmama. Made for New Kids On The Block Tag Forum Game.