Recipe by Nymphadora Tonks
I've been trying to find an alternative to our usual roasted potatoes. This is a combo of a few recipes I've seen. The seasoned oil after tossing has a really neat flavour. (I was cooking them along side a roasted chicken so the temperature was lower and cooking time is longer. I have no doubt these could be done faster at a higher temp. Based on recipes I've seen, 425 Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I do love sweet potatoes & always appreciate finding new ways to prepare them, whether sweet or not, & your recipe makes for a very flavorful, satisfying dish of 'em! The only thing I changed was to leave the peel on the potatoes & go from there! You have a very nice keeper of a recipe here! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 (I was cooking them along side a roasted chicken so the temperature was lower and cooking time is longer. I have no doubt these could be done faster at a higher temperature Based on recipes I've seen, 425 Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes).
- Slice onions and sautee until tender and brown at the edges.
- Peel and wash potatoes then slice into rounds about a centimetre thick.
- Combine potatoes, chili powder, brown sugar, salt and remaining oil in a bowl, toss to coat evenly.
- Add sauteed onions and continue to toss to combine flavours.
- Spread potato and onion mixture evenly on a baking sheet with edges or a large roasting pan that will allow the potatoes to barely overlap.
- Toss halfway through to ensure coating and cooking is even.