Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Taste of Home, Nov 2013. Sweet potatoes & pork salad.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in . pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup sliced radish
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400*. Place sweet potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoons slat and the pepper; toss to coat. Roast 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle prosciutto over sweet potatoes; roast 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and prosciutto is crisp. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly.
- Add radishes, pecans, red pepper and half of the green onions. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, honey and remaining oil and salt until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining green onion.
I can't believe this recipe hasn't been reviewed sooner! It is simple to make and so delicious. Some might think the ingredients don't go together but they do! They work really well together. A taste explosion!