Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from a free recipe book from Philadelphia Cheese upon the purchase of 3 products. I love soups and I love sweet potato (very diabetic friendly) so looking forward to winter to trying this.
- 1 kg sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 head garlic (broken into cloves and peeled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 0.55 lb cream cheese (light cubed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 6 teaspoons parsley (for garnish)
- 6 slices ciabatta (or other crusty bread to serve)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Toss the sweet potato, onion and garlic in oil.
- Place on a lined oven tray and bake in oven to bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until tender.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a large saucepan with stock and bring to the boil and then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly and then blend with a stick blender in the pot or in batches in a food processor and return to the pot.
- Whisk in the cream cheese into the soup until smooth and simmer for a further 5 minutes until well heated.
- Season to taste and serve in bowls and garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Really quite good and fast to make. I had a little kitchen disaster but it still worked out. I made only half the recipe, and put parchment paper in my baking tray because I could not find the foil. But I did not trim it quite enough - not a problem in the oven but a problem in the countertop - yes, putting out flames and hoping the smoke alarm does not go off I had to rinse the veggies but I think I had a little extra "fiber" in the soup. Anyway, I buzzed both before and after adding the cream cheese, made it incorporate better. Half the recipe was two generous servings for us.
Easy Easy Easy.....my kind of recipe. A delicious soup. If you are cooking for others and you are unsure of how much they like garlic....go easy. You can always add more later.
It was a success in our house....though I did feel a little guilty adding so much cream cheese.
Luscious, really enriched by the cream cheese and so easy to do !! I served it with grated cheese on top. This was made for Everyday is a Holiday.