1/2 Photos of Roasted Sweet Potato & Garlic Soup
This recipe is from a free recipe book from Philadelphia Cheese upon the purchase of 3 products. I love soups and I love sweet potato (very diabetic friendly) so looking forward to winter to trying this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 head garlic (broken into cloves and peeled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 250 g cream cheese (light cubed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 6 teaspoons parsley (for garnish)
- 6 slices ciabatta (or other crusty bread to serve)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Toss the sweet potato, onion and garlic in oil.
- 3Place on a lined oven tray and bake in oven to bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until tender.
- 4Place the roasted vegetables in a large saucepan with stock and bring to the boil and then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly and then blend with a stick blender in the pot or in batches in a food processor and return to the pot.
- 5Whisk in the cream cheese into the soup until smooth and simmer for a further 5 minutes until well heated.
- 6Season to taste and serve in bowls and garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Sweet Potato & Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.3
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 668.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: