Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
for the winter
Make and share this Roasted Sweet Potato & Garlic Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg sweet potato, peeled, cut into even sized chunks
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 -8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 60 g philadelphia cream cheese spread
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Toss the sweet potato, onion, and garlic in the oil. Place onto a lined oven tray and bake at 200ºC for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Place roasted vegetables into a large saucepan with the stock and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, puree until smooth. Whisk in the Philly* and seasonings, reheat thoroughly.
- Serve with a sprinkling of chives.
This is a wonderful sweet potato soup that my whole family enjoyed! I used water and Mckays vegetarian chicken seasoning for the broth and Braggs liquid aminos in place of the salt. I'm sure we'll be enjoying this again. Thanks! Made for Make my recipe tag.