Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
A nice change of pace from "regular" fries. I like dipping them in sour cream or eating them plain.
Top Review by Amy E.
These are a great snack or side. I made them as rounds, and tried to keep them thin so they'd be a little crispy. Delicious! I highly recommend Sriracha aioli with them! Just stir 1 cup mayo with about 1tbsp of Sriracha, then add a little lemon or lime juice and stir it up . My husband craves this all the time.
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, leave unpeeled, and cut into fries or rounds. (Trust me, rounds are much easier!).
- Combine olive oil and melted butter.
- Arrange the potato slices, not touching, in rows on a baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the potatoes with the oil mixture; being careful to not use too much or the fries get mushy.
- Roast at 450°F for 18 to 22 minutes, or until they are golden and crisp, turning them once with a spatula.
- Transfer the potatoes to paper towels to drain, sprinkle them with the salt to taste, and serve them warm.
- Note: can be sprinkled with cinnamon sugar instead of salt.