A nice change of pace from "regular" fries. I like dipping them in sour cream or eating them plain.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, leave unpeeled, and cut into fries or rounds. (Trust me, rounds are much easier!).
- Combine olive oil and melted butter.
- Arrange the potato slices, not touching, in rows on a baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the potatoes with the oil mixture; being careful to not use too much or the fries get mushy.
- Roast at 450°F for 18 to 22 minutes, or until they are golden and crisp, turning them once with a spatula.
- Transfer the potatoes to paper towels to drain, sprinkle them with the salt to taste, and serve them warm.
- Note: can be sprinkled with cinnamon sugar instead of salt.
This is an easy and delicious way to prepare sweet potatoes! I cut mine into rounds, as suggested, and seasoned them with both salt and pepper before roasting. They came out beautiful and were extremely tasty! I will definitely be making this recipe again!
This is a very simple way of preparing sweet potatoes! I simplified it even more by using butter-flavored cooking spray on the rounds and then sprinkling with salt and pepper. I look forward to experimenting with other seasonings.
I've made this a few times except I toss my potatoes in the olive oil and butter, add cracked pepper and garlic salt before I cook and even add a little cayenne pepper for a pop of flavor. I also cook them on my pizza stone. Perfect every time!